Monday 8 October 2007

Laughter and Joy

Yesterday evening Andrew Smith came and spoke on laughter and joy - I am simply typing up some of the notes that I took from his message - which was nothing but inspiring.

Psalm 126:3 'The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy'

Laughter embraces humility and grace. In laughter we trust, we suspend our worries and concerns, laughter is the medicine of the soul.

We as Christians can be serious, but shouldn't be sombre, Enjoy the journey, don't just endure it.

Look at Jesus, he knew how to enjoy life - at the start of his ministry he took 7 days off to be at the wedding - people were and still are important to Jesus

Church should be the happiest, most joyful place on earth. Despite circumstances, we can always be joyful, as joy is independent from circumstances - The joy of the Lord is our strength.

My notes are obviously not as explanatory as Andrew's message - but not only did he show us that we ought to be joyful, he demonstrated it too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good reminder of what we as Christians should be like.

Thanks for sharing your insights on this blog, Jessica. I enjoy reading it. :-)

jess said...

be spontaneous and cRaZy!!!

this is my daily reminder to you. remember, I work harder at it than you may think. I'm not naturally a crazy :)